This page is a list of links I frequently click on that you may or may not find interesting...
Return To Play
- Comprehensive warm-up program to prevent injuries (Soligard, 2008)
- Parallel Use of 2 Pairs of Running Shoes Decreases Injury
- Preventive Effect of Eccentric Training on Acute Hamstring Injuries (Petersen, 2011)
- Less than 8hrs sleep per night doubles the risk of injury in adolescent athletes (Milewski, 2014)
- The effectiveness of proprioceptive training in preventing ankle sprains in sporting populations (Schiftan, 2015)
- Hamstring injuries: prevention and treatment — an update (Peter Brukner, 2015)
- Monitoring the athlete training response (Saw, 2015)
- Netball Australia program to prevent knee and other lower limb injuries
- Spikes in acute workload are associated with increased injury risk
- Why screening tests to predict injury do not work
- Conservative management of tendinopathy: an evidence-based approach
- Time to abandon the “tendinitis” myth (Khan, 2002)
- Is tendon pathology a continuum? A pathology model to explain the clinical presentation of load-induced tendinopathy (Cook & Purdham, 2008)
- A "Pollypill" For Acute Tendon Pain (Fallon, 2008)
- Physiotherapy management of patellar tendinopathy (jumper’s knee)
- The challenge of managing tendinopathy in competing athletes (Cook & Purdam, 2013)
- The Role of Nitric Oxide in Tendon Healing (Bokhari, 2012)
- Isometric Exercise for Tendinopathy (Rio, 2015)
- A nice summary of things that cause tendon pain
- Shockwave for tendinopathy
- Postoperative management of acute Achilles tendon rupture
- Funky treatments in elite sports people: do they just buy rehabilitation time? (Cook, 2009)
- A heel raise or orthotics for Severs?
- Injections for Tendinopathy
- Revisiting the continuum model of tendon pathology: what is its merit in clinical practice and research?
- Loading a painful tendon
- Imaging for Low Back Pain
- MRI findings in low back pain
- MRI for back pain has harmful consequences
- People with no back pain have pathology on MRI
- Is There An Association Between Pain and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Parameters in Patients with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis?
- Core stability research
- The Myth of Core Stability
- "My sacrum went out"
- Steroid for epidural injection in spinal stenosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Time to reconsider steroid injections in the spine? (Harris and Buchbinder, 2013).
- Conservative management of lumbar disc herniation with associated radiculopathy: a systematic review (Hahne, 2010)
- Common misconceptions about back pain (O'Sullivan, 2015)
- What does a disc bulge mean?
- Resolution of Lumbar Disk Herniation without Surgery
- SMH: Surgery increases despite failing to fix lower back pain
- Surgical management of low back pain
- A Controlled Trial of Arthroscopic Surgery for Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Arthroscopy for degenerative meniscal tears
- Arthroscopic surgery for knee pain
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Assessing when it’s the right time to have a knee replacement
- ACL Surgery Vs Conservative Management (Frobell, 2013)
- Arthroscopic surgery for degenerative knee: systematic review and meta-analysis of benefits and harms (Thorlund, 2015)
- Exercise therapy versus arthroscopic partial meniscectomy for degenerative meniscal tear in middle aged patients